Director of Legal Risk & Head of Financial Services
Andrew Ham is the Director of Legal Risk at AML Experts.
As a highly experienced lawyer and compliance consultant, Andrew can provide you with commercially sensible legal solutions to your regulatory issues.
He can also help you design and implement risk and compliance frameworks that work. Andrew knows how to work to a well scoped project plan, and your budget.
Andrew’s knowledge and experience spans over 20 years in anti-money laundering, financial services, credit, privacy, risk management, and compliance. His experience spans from developing and implementing the AML program for one of Australia’s leading life insurers to being the first appointed auditor under innovative NCCPA audit provisions, and most recently he conducted an ASIC mandated AFS licence review at another of Australia’s largest AFS licence holders.
As Andrew has worked both as an advisor to, and in-house in, a wide range of industries and in businesses.
Away from the office, Andrew is an accomplished singer with the Melbourne Symphony Orchestra Chorus.
- Australian Legal Practitioner, Victoria
- Barrister and Solicitor of the Supreme Court of Victoria
- Member, State Bar of New York, USA
- LL.M. Northwestern University LL.M (Hons) (Deans List)
- LL.B. University of Melbourne
- Financial Services Committee, Business Law Section, Law Council of Australia
- Governance Risk and Compliance Institute
- Chair, AML Discussion Group at Governance Risk and Compliance Institute
- Governance Institute of Australia (GIA (Cert))
- Law Institute of Victoria
OpenMarkets was investigating a business opportunity with a commercial supplier. The opportunity had a “Know Your Customer” element to it. To ensure that the opportunity was taken we engaged Paddy Oliver to assist us carry out a KYC Gap Analysis. The results of the KYC Gap Analysis allows us to satisfy the supplier’s requirements, improve our KYC processes, and ensure that we meet our KYC obligations under the AML/CTF Act.
Working with Paddy helped me to learn more about how our AML/CTF Compliance Framework should operate, and about AML/CTF obligations in general. Paddy’s advice was pragmatic and tailored towards our business needs. Also, all the work was carried out on time and on budget under a fixed price contract.
If you require assistance with your AML/CTF Program do not hesitate to contact Paddy.
Chief Operation Officer