Paddy Oliver leads the team at AML Experts.
Paddy has extensive experience as a lawyer and compliance management consultant. Importantly for you, he is an experienced Independent Reviewer & Auditor and was an Authorised Auditor under the AML Act.
Paddy is also a founder member of the Group of Independent AML Consultants.
That means AML Experts is your one-stop-shop for AUSTRAC compliance.
When he’s not working with clients, Paddy is racing and recovering from his cyclo-cross bicycle adventures.
- Australian Legal Practitioner (Corporate Practising Certificate), Victoria, Australia
- Graduate Member of Australian Institute of Company Directors
- Solicitor of the Supreme Court of New South Wales
- Solicitor of the High Court of Ireland
- Solicitor of the Supreme Court of Northern Ireland
- Trained Mediator, Centre for Effective Dispute Resolution
- GAICD – Graduate of Australian Institute of Company Directors
- M.B.A, University of Ulster Business School, Northern Ireland
- M.Litt., Research Degree, Minority Shareholders’ Rights, Trinity College Dublin, Ireland
- LL.B., Law Degree, Trinity College Dublin, Ireland
- Train the Trainer, Nottingham Law School
- Group of Independent AML Consultants. GIAC
- Australian Institute of Company Directors
- Law Institute of Victoria - LIV
- Financial Services Committee, Business Law Section - Law Council of Australia
- Director of Travellers Aid Australia (elected October 2014)
- Member of the Travellers Aid Australia Finance & Risk Committee
OpenMarkets was investigating a business opportunity with a commercial supplier. The opportunity had a “Know Your Customer” element to it. To ensure that the opportunity was taken we engaged Paddy Oliver to assist us carry out a KYC Gap Analysis. The results of the KYC Gap Analysis allows us to satisfy the supplier’s requirements, improve our KYC processes, and ensure that we meet our KYC obligations under the AML/CTF Act.
Working with Paddy helped me to learn more about how our AML/CTF Compliance Framework should operate, and about AML/CTF obligations in general. Paddy’s advice was pragmatic and tailored towards our business needs. Also, all the work was carried out on time and on budget under a fixed price contract.
If you require assistance with your AML/CTF Program do not hesitate to contact Paddy.
Chief Operation Officer