Managing Director & Legal Practitioner Director
I am the managing director of AML Experts and a Principal of the AML Experts law practice. Away from the official titles I founded AML Experts in 2016 to meet the AML needs of reporting entity clients who I had been servicing since 2006.
Ensuring that your organisation meets its AML obligations is fundamental to it keeping its reputation. We understand how difficult that can be in today’s complex business and regulatory environment.
We deliver high quality consulting and legal advice to our clients at a fixed price. We understand your desire to have an AML expert assisting you who can provide both consulting advice on the implementation of your AML Program etc., and legal advice on your AML Act obligations. Our integrated, multi-disciplinary team approach affords you a “one stop” solution to help you lower your organisation’s AML legal and compliance risks.
I can also act as an Expert Witness for AML related investigations and trials.
I am a founder member of the Group of Independent AML Consultants.
That means AML Experts is your one-stop-shop for AUSTRAC compliance.
When I'm not working with clients, I am racing and recovering from my cyclo-cross bicycle adventures.
- Australian Legal Practitioner, Victoria, Australia
- Graduate Member of Australian Institute of Company Directors
- Solicitor of the Supreme Court of New South Wales
- Solicitor of the High Court of Ireland
- Solicitor of the Supreme Court of Northern Ireland
- Trained Mediator, Centre for Effective Dispute Resolution
- GAICD – Graduate of Australian Institute of Company Directors
- M.B.A, University of Ulster Business School, Northern Ireland
- M.Litt., Research Degree, Minority Shareholders’ Rights, Trinity College Dublin, Ireland
- LL.B., Law Degree, Trinity College Dublin, Ireland
- Train the Trainer, Nottingham Law School
- Group of Independent AML Consultants. GIAC
- Australian Institute of Company Directors
- Law Institute of Victoria - LIV
- Financial Services Committee, Business Law Section - Law Council of Australia
- Director of Travellers Aid Australia (elected October 2014)
- Member of the Travellers Aid Australia Finance & Risk Committee
OpenMarkets was investigating a business opportunity with a commercial supplier. The opportunity had a “Know Your Customer” element to it. To ensure that the opportunity was taken we engaged Paddy Oliver to assist us carry out a KYC Gap Analysis. The results of the KYC Gap Analysis allows us to satisfy the supplier’s requirements, improve our KYC processes, and ensure that we meet our KYC obligations under the AML/CTF Act.
Working with Paddy helped me to learn more about how our AML/CTF Compliance Framework should operate, and about AML/CTF obligations in general. Paddy’s advice was pragmatic and tailored towards our business needs. Also, all the work was carried out on time and on budget under a fixed price contract.
If you require assistance with your AML/CTF Program do not hesitate to contact Paddy.
Chief Operation Officer