Getting Under The Bonnet Of The AML Act
Do you want to know more about how the AML Act and AML Rules work in your business? Paddy Oliver will be hosting a series of seminars focusing on the more challenging and problematic areas of the AML Act. Paddy has been working with clients around the AML Act and advising on it the start of the AML regime way back in 2006.
Topics have been chosen from the advice we have given, and many of the questions that we have answered, over the years both as AML advisors and AML/CTF Program Independent Reviewers.
Topics will include:
- Sect 41 - What is reportable as a suspicious matter as Sect. 41 is broader than you think;
- Independent Review - how to scope and plan for an Independent Review;
- Beneficial ownership;
- AUSTRAC Notices - what are they, and what to do if you get one;
- KYC - how can you use the AML rules to improve your KYC processes and reduce costs;
- Rule 28 - KYC when businesses merge;
- AML obligations for lawyers;
- And many more.
Sign up here to receive details.
The sessions will be held in Melbourne for those working in reporting entities, regulators, legal regulators and the like. Free for those but consultants and advisors will have to pay to attend.